Colleges, Universities and other Institutions of Higher Education are not only seats of learning but also promoters of cultural, social and moral values of the country so as
to enable the students to acquire good character and a balanced personality.
In today’s determined struggle of man to be free from ignorance, poverty and exploitation.
St. Xavier’s proudly proclaims that it will teach always the following creed:
• We believe in God.
• We believe in the personal dignity of man and human brotherhood.
• We believe in the spirit of discipline and dignity of work of whatever type it might be.
• We believe that all men are born with equal rights, which do not come from the state.
• We believe in the sanctity of the home , the basic unit of civilization.
• We believe that the citizens have not only rights but also obligations.
• We believe that the Labour and Capital have not only rights but obligations, and in the fulfillment of their obligations, they will compliment each other.
• We are opposed to all sorts of violations of individual liberty and private property.
• We are opposed to the destruction of our environment.
• We believe in social justice and are vigorously opposed to all sorts of corruption, nepotism and discrimination.
• We believe that liberty is a sacred thing but that law which regulates liberty is a sacred obligation.
• We believe that academic freedom should not be used as a pretext to teach systems that destroy all freedom.
• We are vigorously opposed to the tenets and tactics of those who want to destroy the essential liberties guaranteed by the Indian Constitution.
• We are vigorously opposed to all forms of racism, communal hatred and anarchism.
• We shall always strive for peace.
• We believe in the teachings of Christ, we hold that morality must regulate the personal, family, economic, political and international life of men, if civilization is to endure.